Ahh… Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, seven whole days of nothing but nonstop outfit changes, running from event to event, eating (or sometimes not eating) at the strangest of times, and unintentionally collecting an alarming amount of identical goodie bags… Although demanding, extravagant and ridiculously draining, it was easily the best week of my entire year and as such, I kind of wouldn’t have had it any other way (#VAMFF I am totally ready for you).
ANYWAYS having a little HOME AWAY FROM HOME definitely made all this MSFW gallivanting a lot easier. Carissa and I were lucky enough to organise a room at the Adelphi Hotel during the week, where we got changed, engulfed an unnecessary amount of jellybeans (courtesy of Om Nom Reception… seriously, I recommend you visit Om Nom JUST for the unlimited supply of cheeky jellybeans on offer), and made use of the complimentary WIFI. It felt just like home, minus the sweets.
If you ever happen to stay at the Adelphi Hotel (and may I recommend that – you do!) here are a few reasons why we loved it so much:
- The minibar is complimentary… I repeat, the MINIBAR… IS COMPLIMENTARY! As in, all the sweet treats and funky drinks usually on offer at other hotels for the small price of $358 and your left kidney, ARE FREE!!
- The beds are comfy and the sheets are white (perfect for flatlays)
- The hotel room interior is super retro and interesting – so much room for activities photos!
- Complimentary WIFI (this deserved a second mention)
- Jellybean situation as explained above
- Impeccable service
- BEST LOCATION EVER FOR MSFW AND GENERAL LIVING!
[SAID COMPLIMENTARY MINI BAR SITUATION]
[CUE IDENTICAL GOODIE BAGS]
- You are a short 2-minute walk away from Chanel and other iconic Melbourne retailers, and thus the city is your photographic oyster… or something like that.
- Located in the heart of Flinders Lane there is an unlimited supply of historic architecture, juxtaposed with bright, graffiti-filled alleyways (check out Hosier Lane!)
[CUTEST LUNCH BAG FROM MUJI RUNWAY SHOW]
- Ridiculously exciting amount of places to dine, with all the best cafes and restaurants spread through the entire lane, Chin Chin, Supernormal, Om Nom Dessert Bar (located inside Adelphi Hotel) Cumulus Inc & Cecconis to name a few
[BRUNCH AT CUMULUS INC – DIVINE]
[LUNCH AT BOWERY TO WILLIAMSBURG – 16 OLIVER LANE, MELB]
Whether you are new in town, need a place to crash, or are requiring a little vacay in your own city, the iconic, boutique Adelphi Hotel is totally where it’s at!