If you have been following my blog for a bit now, you would probably know that I was recently forced to endure a dreadfully long exam period. There was a lot of complaining, a lot of coffee and a lot of procrasti-eating, but my dear friends, the time has come for me to burn close all my books, frolic in the sun and enjoy the summer because people… I am officially a free wo-man!!
And what better way to celebrate my new found five-month (yes you heard me…) freedom than with a collaboration featuring the amazing Nespresso Coffee! I entered the kitchen (at the risk of my family home and MY EYEBROWS)… with a fire extinguisher at the ready and my brother on call to create some rather delicious (if I don’t say so myself) coffee treats! Using Nespresso’s Limited Edition Cubania Blend Coffee, I whipped up a few caramel mocha-brownie bites, with a mocha & Bacardi rum milkshakes on the side. Yep. I may be like 3kg heavier, but it was totally worth it.
Anyways, I hope you are all having a splendid weekend!
With Love – Toodles x
PS: check out my instagram for a fantastic palm tree that I spotted today in Treasury Gardens
Mocha & Bacardi Milkshake
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 60ml Nespresso Cubania Coffee
- 30ml Bacardi Rum
- Two Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 1 ½ cups of crushed ice
- Blend and serve, with shaved Nutmeg
Caramel & Mocha Brownies
- 125 g butter
- 180 g dark chocolate
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1 espresso size cup of Cubania Nespresso Coffee
- 50 g flour
- 100 g sugar
- 100 g eggs
- 75 g hazelnuts, lightly roasted and peeled (Optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- Line a cake tin with greaseproof paper.
- Gently melt the chocolate and butter together over a Bain Marie.
- Once melted, add the Nespresso coffee and mix through.
- Sieve together the flour and cocoa powder into a separate bowl.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar to ribbon stage, and then add to the chocolate mix.
- Gently fold in the flour mix.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes.